18th IFIP Working Conference on VIRUAL ENTEPRISES Vincenza, Italy, 18-20 September 2017
Collaboration in a Data Rich World.
Increasing availability of sensors and smart devices connected to the Internet, and powered by the pervasiveness of Cyber-Physical Systems and Internet of Things, create exponential growth of available data. We observe the hyperconnectivity of organizations, people, and machines taking us to data-rich environments and often facing big data challenges. All activities in the world and everyday life of people leave trails that can be accumulated on cloud-supported storage, while developments in open data movement contribute to the wide availability of such data.
This emerging reality challenges the way collaborative networks and systems are designed and operate. Earlier approaches to collaborative networking, however, were constrained by the scarcity of data, and thus previous solutions in terms of the organizational structures, applied algorithms and mechanisms, and governance principles and models, need to be revisited and redesigned to comply with this fast evolving scenario. Furthermore, new solutions need to consider a convergence of technologies, including CPS, IoT, Linked Data, Data Privacy, Federated Identity, Big Data, Data Mining, Sensing Technologies, etc., and the impact of the variables, such as time, location, time, location, population, which suggest a stronger focus on network dynamics. The new abundance of data also raises challenges regarding data validity and quality, with the increasing need for data cleaning and avoiding the cascading of errors. Cyber-security and the impact of non-human data manipulators (bots) become particularly critical, as there is an increasing dependency on data from the society, which may lead to malicious data access and citizen safety concerns. On the other hand, there is a need to better understand the potential for value creation through collaborative approaches in this context, where organizational change can be highly improved.
PRO-VE 2017 will provide a forum for sharing experiences, discussing trends, identifying challenges, and introducing innovative solutions aimed at fulfilling the vision of beneficial collaboration in a data-rich world.
Topics include the following among others:
– Collaborative models, platforms, and systems for data-rich worlds
– Collaboration and collective awareness in a data-rich world
– Collaborative big data intelligence
– Semantic data integration, access, and retrieval in a collaborative data-rich world
– Dynamics and evolution of collaborative virtual-physical ecosystems
– Trust modeling and management in the rich data world
– Cyber-security and influence of bots in collaborative data-rich environments
– Risks and performance in collaborative data-rich systems
– Value creation, business models and social impact of collaboration in data-rich worlds
– Governance and legal frameworks
– Legal and policy aspects for collaboration in a data-rich world
– Collective Intelligence and collaboration in advanced/emerging applications:
– Collaborative Manufacturing and Factories of the Future
– Smart cities
– e-Health and Care
– Crisis/Disaster Management
– Intelligent Transportation Systems
Both scientific works and case studies, supported by advanced ICT systems with a sound experimental validation, are expected.
- Abstract Submission: 12 March 2017;
- Full paper submission: 02 April 2017;
- Acceptance notice: 18 May 2017;
- Camera ready submission: 28 May 2017.