Collaborative systems form the warp for smart networked environments wherein humans, organizations, intelligent agents, and devices collaborate. Modeling, design, and development of collaborative systems of systems serve to support a large number of emerging applications including security, transportation, construction, sustainability and energy management, education, government, and manufacturing.
Governance, interoperability, emergence, and value creation remain among the main research and development challenges in the area. The smart environments of the near future will be context sensitive systems within which the physical world is richly and transparently interwoven with sensors, actuators, and computational elements. They will seamlessly embed everyday objects and interconnect them through networks.
The pervasive computing and interaction possibilities offered by these environments enhance the abilities of their occupants and raise the level of possibilities for their collaboration. Notions such as sensing enterprise, collective awareness systems, smart cities, and ambient intelligence are just some expressions of these possibilities. Incorporating context awareness in the supporting infrastructure enables more effective forms of collaborative ecosystems.
Furthermore, models and mechanisms addressed by research and development in collaborative networks can provide more efficient ways of organizing and dealing with large collections of objects interconnected through the Internet.
Collaborative Networks modeling, enabling systems, and applications, to address related scientific, economic, and societal challenges, with focus on:
- Models and environments
- Behavior and emergence
- Service and data inter-operation
- Governance and collaboration supervision
- Collaboration and social networks
- Beyond cloud infrastructures
- Business processes
- Business models and value creation
- Risk management
- Product servicing networks
- New trends in global manufacturing
- Collaborative smart cyber-physical systems
- Event-driven collaborative networks
- Collaboration and big data
- Collaborative digital metropolis
- Collaboration and digital gaming
- Collective awareness and collaborative innovation
- Collaborative e-health and ambient assisted living
- Collaborative networks in transportation, construction, education, government, sustainability, and energy management
- Short Abstracts submission: 01 March 2014;
- Full paper submission: 18 April 2014;
- Acceptance notice: 18 May 2014;
- Camera ready submission: 06 June2014